Wednesday, 31 August 2016

Family Walk Fail

Ah, the holidays.  Plenty of family time to be had, and time to use that National Trust membership that we took out in January and haven't bothered with since.

So last week with DH on a few days leave from work we decided to do just that.

Now, don't get me wrong, I love the National Trust and the places around here are particularly picturesque and provide a really good distraction for a few hours here and there.  We are very very lucky to have them.

Except, there never has yet been a visit without someone moaning about something.

You know the kind of scenario I'm talking about, don't you?  The kind where everyone else is having a really great time, bar one child who is moaning and grumbling.  ALL. THE. TIME.

To be quite honest, with five children I'm so used to this now that my hearing has become a little selective.

This is not always a good thing, as I realised when I snapped this picture of Twin Boy half way round Hare Hill near Alderley Edge, where we had mostly been having a lovely walk (apart from his whinging).

The poor child.  I should have never let him put his wellies on by himself.  No wonder he was finding walking a bit tricky...




brummymummyof2

18 comments:

  1. My little always intentionally puts her shoes on the wrong feet! Drives me nuts! #WickedWednesdays

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought he had grown out of it - then again, he hasn't worn them much recently! x

      Delete
  2. Hahaha bless him! #wickedwednesdays

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was rather puzzled. I wonder how getting ready for PE is going to go at school?..

      Delete
  3. Bad mummy !! Dont worry we have all been there #wickedwednesdays

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and yes, many many times! Oops...

      Delete
  4. Awww no! He had reason, that's the worst moment! #wickedwednesdays

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have really been paying attention...

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Hehe, I suppose at least I noticed eventually :/

      Delete
  6. Ha ha - My hubby has a habit of doing this to my son. The amount of times I've been rushing, got my son out the car and thought to myself, 'your Dad has dressed you again, hasn't he?' 😂

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor kid! No wonder he was moaning! Although I can totally understand why you would block out the whinging with five kids - it's bad enough with three!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a skill isn't it? Still no harm done I suppose!

      Delete
  8. Been there a few times. I found a great tip on pinterest with writing the letter L and R to help them recognise it really helped my son X #wickedwednesdays

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's usually OK and was so sure he'd got it right! Bless him...

      Delete
  9. My boy does this ALL THE FLAMING TIME! And never lets me swap them! Thanks for linking up to this weeks Wicked Wednesdays and I can't wait to see what you have lined up for me next week! Enjoy your weekend! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! That would drive me even more mad I think! See you next week! xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...