Wednesday, 13 April 2016

Dinner Time Disappointment

I missed #WickedWednesdays with brummymummyof2 last week owing to, if I'm honest, holiday laziness, but I'm back this week with yet another slice of our exciting and oh so funny (!) family life.

I had a few delightful shots to choose from over the holidays, but I thought I'd start with this one which is "hot off the press" taken last night.  As my lot went back to school this week, I thought I'd try to make sure they had a lovely healthy home made meal in the evenings to counterbalance the chicken nuggets they often get for school dinners.

So I made them a delicious stir fry complete with noodles (a fave with the teenagers).  As you can see, they all really loved it...

Enjoying your dinner then?

Err, well, never mind.  After 20 minutes of tantrums, shouting and refusal he absolutely loved the cheese sandwich that I prepared as an alternative.

*sigh*

Never mind.


brummymummyof2

9 comments:

  1. Nothing like a good sulk! #wickedwednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huh how grumpy! Never mind, the back up always helps! #wickedwednesdays

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that's true - even if it wasn't quite as healthy...

      Delete
  3. Oh dear someone is not impressed! X #wickedWednesdays

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's never impressed where vegetables are concerned!

      Delete
  4. This is what pains me! I would cook something for my son and I am not a good cook so a simple meal would take me longer than it should be and.. he would ask for something else!

    #WickedWednesdays

    ReplyDelete
  5. My boy is having a right stage of this now and it is driving us mad! Thanks so much for linking up to Wicked Wednesdays. I hope to see you again this week! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, cheese sandwich for dinner?! Why not?! Don't you just love it when you prepare a proper dinner to then scrap 70% of it into the bin/dog bowl?!?! xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...