Wednesday, 17 February 2016

Reasons why the school run is a bit crap...

So, for last week's #WickedWednesdays I shared a photo of my own eye makeup fail on the school run.

The thing is, my disastrous not so perfect school run didn't end there.  It was so bad that I've decided to tell you what happened for the other 45 minutes of it.

It was sunny and, against my better judgement, I decided to let the twins take their scooters to school, which they love but which I don't so much because I have to carry both scooters back home afterwards.  But I thought what could go wrong? They get to scoot and I get to walk to school a bit quicker/without whinging. It's a win/win situation.

So off we went, ignoring the fact that they have been so giddy already that morning that a) I've had to break up several play fights while I've been getting ready and b) they are barely paying any attention to me/my badly made up face and so could be a bit of a handful.

It was all going so well to start off with.



Look at their happy faces!



And then they raced off into the distance and although I could see them, they couldn't hear me...

Can I just thank whichever kind dog owner it was who left the pavement covered in, in,... well you can guess what can't you?  And yep, you might also guess that the twins scooted straight through it which was a lovely and very fitting interlude to the morning*.

Yes, I really have posted this picture - Dear lazy dog owner, you should be ashamed...

After which I had to carry the filthy scooters home and hose them down in the back garden (and then hose the ground too, just in case).

To top it off it was a bit cold and damp outside and so even after making the effort to do makeup and hair straightening before we left, I ended up looking like this.

*sigh* FML (and my hair)

To recap then, the school run is a bit crap because:

1.  Mad children on scooters
2.  Dog sh*t and scooters
3.  Hair

The following day we took the car.  Sometimes being a bit lazy is just so much easier.


* no, I'm lying, it was revolting and made me yell a lot.


brummymummyof2

16 comments:

  1. I also prefer the car!! lol A bit lazy we are!! haha BTW you look great!! :-) x
    #wickedwednesdays

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gawd, that is probably one of the most unflattering pictures of myself I have taken. I look so OLD - clearly this is all the fault of the school run from hell though... ;) xx

      Delete
  2. Yay for the car for school runs! On a side note, how lazy are people not to clean up after their dogs? Its so disgusting x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me about it! It's so bad around by the school too! Grrrr!!!

      Delete
  3. I have never been convinced that scooters on the school run are a good thing for a whole host of reasons including the fact that school runs are stressful enough or were before I started home education

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you've got the right idea! I do think it's good exercise for the children though and usually we have no trouble controlling where they scoot - just typical that the one time they scoot ahead this happens!

      Delete
  4. Oh dear! I knew it was going to go wrong as soon as you mentioned scooters on the school run...Eww! at the dog poo! I say dog owners who leave it should be found and have their noses rubbed in it. hehehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly think that people who don't pick up after their dogs shouldn't own dogs at all - it's the basics of looking after their needs! Should have known better than to attempt scooting in a day when I couldn't even put makeup on! ;)

      Delete
  5. Yuk to the dog poo, I've had to clean it off the teen's trainers after football on our park #eek. but I miss the primary school run,scoot,bike ride : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bleurgh, so horrid! I'm with you on the school run (sometimes) when it's good, it's good - roll on summer and non-frizzy hair ;) xx

      Delete
  6. Fair play for trying scooters, I sure wouldnt to it then with my boys as I can guardeen I would end up carrying them, pfft! X #wickedWednesdays

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe! I always do too - but worth it to get them to exercise a bit!

      Delete
  7. OH GOD DOG POO! It literally won't come out of anything will it???! Thanks so much for linking up to Wicked Wednesdays! See you next week! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is VILE - I was so annoyed! See you soon! xx

      Delete
  8. Oh how I hate inconsiderate dog owners! They don't get how much the mess gets everywhere! #wickedwednesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me about it! I can cope when I'm on my own but when I'm with the kids and trying to herd them past it, it gives me the rage!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...