Wednesday, 3 February 2016

In Nature...

We re-joined the National Trust last month.  We've exhausted all the usual free places to walk around here and we missed the Trust properties - after all they have proper parking and really good coffee shops.

Unfortunately we haven't been out as much as I'd have liked due to colds and illness sweeping our ranks, but on our first visit to a local National Trust haunt I snapped the following shot, which is too funny not to share.

Let me set the scene...

The teen, on hearing that we were going for a Sunday morning walk did his best to argue back, "We're not really going, are we?  But walking, it's outside... in nature!"

Eventually we threatened him with turning off the Wifi forever if he didn't come with us persuaded him it would be fun.

Here he is. My teen boy, enjoying a Sunday morning stroll.  In Nature.

"I'm thrilled to be outside"

Got to love spending time with the family, eh?


brummymummyof2

24 comments:

  1. Ha ha - looks just like my 2 pre teens!! #familytime

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it fun having such grateful offspring?

      Delete
  2. Ha ha the classic teen look of fun.
    I'm sure deep down he enjoyed himself. #wickedwednesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He says he didn't, but he did lighten up considerably as we walked round a bit.

      Delete
  3. Haha to be honest I am sometimes like your teen! #WickedWednesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, me too, usually on the school run though ;)

      Delete
  4. haha he is really having a great time!! lol thanks God my eldest is just 5 so I still have a few years before the teenage years!! lol ;-) x
    #wickedwednesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy it while you can France, it goes downhill from here! ;)

      Delete
  5. Aw that's fab! We're NT members too and we can't get enough of them! I'm not looking forward to me son not wanting to visit through :( we've got quite a while before we hit that milestone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, its great. I suspect if a picnic had been involved he'd have been a little more cheerful!

      Delete
  6. Oh gosh, I have all of that to come lol!! He really does look miserable, I can only hope he perked up...then again, he is a teenager!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, he was OK eventually but only really cheery once the wifi signal came back into range ;)

      Delete
  7. Not looking forward to this - my 7yr old is already bad enough!! I will definitely be using the wifi threat though :-)
    #WickedWednesdays

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahaha! That's the same face my teen has when she is forced to be outside. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, what is it with teens and fresh air anyway? xx

      Delete
  9. Oh goodness, he looks thrilled. I have all this to come! Mine are only teeny :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are much more willing when they are tiny, that's for sure!

      Delete
  10. Ahhh precious family moments. Ahem. Thanks so much for linking up! Hope to see you on next weeks Wicked Wednesdays! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha such a teenager look! Oh how I miss being a moody teenager! Everything was so easy! #wickedwednesday

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...