Wednesday, 16 December 2015

Weeping Windows

You know when you have one of those Pinterest inspired moments when you think if would be a really good idea to make a gingerbread house helped by your children?

No?  Just me then?

In theory it shouldn't have been that difficult, and to begin with it wasn't.  I decided that I'd be in charge of the icing.  The kids were more interested in the sweets and just wanted to decorate the house anyway.


It all started off so nicely...

Yes, that's actual washing hanging up and boxes of Christmas cards
in the background.  #realmumprobs



According to Twin Girl I "aced the roof", but after that the icing bag had been in my hot hands for far too long and the vertical bits started dripping.

Doesn't look too bad here...


Then the kids added some sweets (though not the suggested design on the front of the box).  I am sure my icing wouldn't have ended up looking so bad otherwise.

Let's have a close up of the beautiful windows, shall we?


I am hoping it is edible still.  I have told them they can smash it up and eat it on Friday after school (hopefully the whole lot will be gone by Christmas day!).

Note to self:  Next year buy a ready made one.


brummymummyof2

12 comments:

  1. It has a 'rustic' feel ;D #wickedwednesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! That's really made me laugh, thank you! That's what I'm telling everyone from now on ;)

      Delete
  2. Hee hee, we've got one of these to make, I can imagine ours will look nothing like the picture on the box by the time we've finished! #wickedwednesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be warned, if the kids are involved you will have icing and sweets everywhere! (it was even on my phone!). Good luck!

      Delete
  3. hahaha! Yours look way better than ours did! I didn't realise they were so hard to do. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are, aren't they? My husband helped with the foundations otherwise I doubt it would even be standing! ;) Never again.

      Delete
  4. Trust me your done brilliant and looks lovely to eat. I would mess up first hurdle with measures, no joke of lie. Plus no bust ups therefore you are winning my friend X #WickedWednesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That is true re the bust ups :) x

      Delete
  5. Ready made all the way! These sorts of things do not enter my house unless the kids are in bed haha xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a very good rule to live by, I need to remember it!

      Delete
  6. Do you know that is ruddy amazing!!! My effort would have been horrific! Thanks so much for linking up to #wickedwednesdays! Have a truly amazing festive season! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks, it didn't look too bad in the end (once the icing had stopped sliding off!). Pleasure as always lovely. Hope your Christmas is a great one too :) x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...