Tuesday, 22 December 2015

Twelve days of the School Holidays

Oh Christmas holidays, how I love thee.  At least that's what I've been thinking for the last few weeks of the past term.  Just got to get through all the school plays, raffle donations and dress down days without messing up or forgetting anything...

Aaannnd relax...

Or maybe not.  You see, if you've got any number of children, the school holidays present you with another set of things that you probably don't really want to deal with.  This is particularly true if like me, you are fortunate enough to spend the entire holiday in the company of your children, while your other half has a lucky escape to go to work for some of it.  At the moment I'm just waiting for 5.00 pm on Christmas Eve when my husband finishes work and (to quote High School Musical) we're all in this together, oh yes.

It's made me feel rather musical in fact, so let me welcome you to the twelve days of the School Christmas Holidays...

On the first day of the holidays my children gave to me a lunch box that was quite mouldy

On the second day of the holidays my children gave to me two trips to soft play, and a lunch box that was quite mouldy

On the third day of the holidays my children gave to me three homework projects, two trips to soft play and a lunch box that was quite mouldy

On the fourth day of the holidays my children gave to me four letters to Santa*, three homework projects, two trips to soft play and a lunch box that was quite mouldy

On the fifth day of the holidays my children gave to me five sibling rows, four letters to Santa, three homework projects, two trips to soft play and a lunch box that was quite mouldy

On the sixth day of the holidays my children gave to me six loads of laundry, five sibling rows, four letters to Santa, three homework projects, two trips to soft play and a lunch box that was quite mouldy

On the seventh day of the holidays my children gave to me seven early morning wake-ups, six loads of laundry, five sibling rows, four letters to Santa, three homework projects, two trips to soft play, and a lunch box that was quite mouldy

On the eighth day of the holidays my children gave to me eight selection boxes (finished), seven early morning wake-ups, six loads of laundry, five sibling rows, four letters to Santa, three homework projects, two trips to soft play, and a lunch box that was quite mouldy

On the ninth day of the holidays my children gave to me nine games of Minecraft, eight selection boxes (finished), seven early morning wake-ups, six loads of laundry, five sibling rows, four letters to Santa, three homework projects, two trips to soft play, and a lunch box that was quite mouldy

On the tenth day of the holidays my children gave to me ten pots of mixed up play dough, nine games of Minecraft, eight selection boxes (finished), seven early morning wake-ups, six loads of laundry, five sibling rows, four letters to Santa, three homework projects, two trips to soft play, and a lunch box that was quite mouldy

On the eleventh day of the holidays my children gave to me eleven lost school jumpers**, ten pots of mixed up play dough, nine games of Minecraft, eight selection boxes (finished), seven early morning wake-ups, six loads of laundry, five sibling rows, four letters to Santa, three homework projects, two trips to soft play, and a lunch box that was quite mouldy

On the twelfth day of the holidays my children gave to me twelve complete meltdowns***, eleven lost school jumpers, ten pots of mixed up play dough, nine games of Minecraft, eight selection boxes (finished), seven early morning wake-ups, six loads of laundry, five sibling rows, four letters to Santa, three homework projects, two trips to soft play, and a lunch box that was quite mouldy

A mouldy lunch box (with a broken lid), Merry Christmas to me.


My children really are very giving aren't they?  And to think I was looking forward to this.

If only it were just 12 days, there are actually 16 if you include the weekends.  Still, not long until the new term I suppose... lovely, lovely school... *sigh*


*  detailing a completely different list of presents to the ones I've bought *bollocks*
**  found at the bottom of the pre-teen's bed underneath the duvet cover, FFS.
***  mine and theirs combined, given the above that's actually quite a low figure

6 comments:

  1. Haha, hope it all leads to a very merry & fun christmas x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it will as long as they don't all kill each other or bury me alive in a pile of laundry! xx

      Delete
  2. Merry Christmas! It's all good.....errrrr.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is? I mean, it is! Merry Christmas to you too! x

      Delete
  3. hahaha! You got to love them and all their giving. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I love them and all their giving, particularly number five ;) x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...