Monday, 9 November 2015

Amusing things my children have said recently

It's been a good while since I joined in with #FTMOB with Louise over at Little Hearts Big Love.  It's a fab linky that gets you writing about all the funny things your children have said.  I have amassed a few good ones since I last joined in and so I thought I'd do one big post dump kind of thing before I forget them all.  Maybe they will make you all smile as much as they have me.

Firstly, the pre-teen boy, who is now ten years old and in Year 6 at school.  This is his final year of Primary School and I am increasingly reminded that in a year's time I'm going to have three children going to High School - how can that be?!

Having said that, he's still got a bit of growing up to do before then.  On arriving home from school the other day he informed me that he had cut his thumb on a knife at school. "What sort of knife was it?" I asked.  "A cutting knife!" came the reply...  Is there any other sort?  For information it turned out to be a craft knife.

The twins are growing up quickly now too.  They celebrated their sixth birthday last month.  Twin girl is on the one hand, a tantrummy little madam hard work sometimes and on the other, becoming a clever and independent little girl.  She knows what she wants, this one.  At the moment she most wants a handbag in the shape of a fox's head for Christmas (don't ask me why) but it is nice to see that the handbag lovers gene has at least been successfully passed down to the next generation...

She also loves coming to the shops with me.  Doesn't matter what shop it is although Home Bargains is her particular favourite.  In her words "I like Home Bargains Mummy, because it always has exactly what you need."  She's quite right of course ;) *

The teen girl also came out with a unique insight on life recently.  On the way back from school one day she sat in the front seat of my car.  Staring at the dashboard for a second and then touching it she asked me, "Why are the symbols on the buttons raised like that?  Is it like braille so blind people know which buttons to press when they are driving?".  I have no words, readers, no words...

The teen boy keen to strike out and have a bit of independence from me the rest of us, took it upon himself to take the bus to the next town during half term.  Although he'd never done this before, I was quite confident that he'd manage, bearing in mind that the bus passes by right where we live leaving very little room to get things wrong.  He managed it just fine but I couldn't help but laugh at his interpretation of my basic instruction, "just get the same bus back home".  I of course was referring to the number of the bus, not the actual same bus.  He informed me on his return that although it wasn't a double decker with the same driver, it had a number 42 and so he got on and it (amazingly) went the same way back home.

Perhaps it's a good job I'm not taking him to London on the train for Blogfest - I doubt we'd ever get home if we applied his methods!

*  Home Bargains have not in any way shape or form sponsored me to say that, by the way.


Little Hearts, Big Love

10 comments:

  1. hehehe! Kids are funny things. Your girl is right though. Home Bargains always has exactly what you need. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was so matter of fact when she said it too! :)

      Delete
  2. Haha! I love the braille car controls! Very glad teen boy did not wait around for the exact same bus. Also, this is totally irrelevant to the linky, but I always really want to ask parents of boy/girl twins this, so I am going to - do you ever get asked if they are identical twins? (I once worked somewhere and we had a new woman start and, when she mentioned she had a twin brother, several of my colleagues (several!) asked her if they were identical. I have been fascinated to know ever since whether this happens to boy/girl twins a lot!) #ftmob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot believe my teens sometimes - they are mental! Re: b/g twins, yes, get asked all the time. It was worse when they were babies though. Funnily enough I think you can get id b/g twins (from memory, polar body twinning) where the embryos originate from the one egg, but it is really rare as I understand it.

      Delete
    2. Ooh - I'm going to have to look that up! That's really interesting!

      Delete
    3. You honestly read all sorts when pregnant with twins! Such an interesting subject.

      Delete
  3. Bahahaha - I love the braille question. It actually sounds like something I would ask. Great post - I'm glad you joined in the linky again :) #ftmob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks, me too! I'm going to have to start writing them up a bit more often - so easy to forget these little things.

      Delete
  4. Love the things your children have been saying lately - especially your teenage girl with her comment about the raised symbols on the buttons being like Braille for blind drivers - so funny. It reminded me of a similar comment a friend of mine came out with when were at university together she asked if they did the driving theory test in Braille and has never lived it down! Glad that your teenage son managed to get home despite it not being exactly the same bus he went into town on. Thanks for sharing with #ftmob :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, Braille theory test! Well, at least teen girl isn't the only one! Pleasure to link up as always. x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...