Wednesday, 23 September 2015

Tidy your room!

Regular readers may remember the war of attrition ongoing struggle that I have with my two older boys and their bedroom, which for the most part resembles a post apocalyptic Legoland crossed with some sort of teenage grunge den (it isn't pleasant).

Over the weekend, I tried to reason with the pre-teen in that I told him that I would be vacuuming up the Lego myself if he couldn't be bothered to put it away properly.  The carpet in there hasn't been vacuumed for about a month owing to the lake of small multicoloured bricks and assorted models strewn across it, never mind the teenager's floordrobe.  It could really do with a proper clean, but baby steps I say.

Anyway, he assured me that he had tidied at least half of it on Saturday, which was a start I suppose.

Armed with my Dyson, on Monday morning I proceeded to attempt the vacuuming of the now free floor space.

When I said tidy the room, what I actually meant was put things away, not push it all underneath the furniture...

Oh, for the love of God...

*gives up*


brummymummyof2

22 comments:

  1. Ha!Naughty yet clever at the same time :-) x #wickedwednesdays

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehehe! Very, very clever....hehehe That's exactly how my girls tidy their rooms too and I used to do the same as a child. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God its so annoying though, especially when I have to try to get it all out to clean.

      Delete
  3. Ha ha - this is my kind of tidying :) I'd be kinda proud of the initiative shown here! #wickedwednesdays

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it was certainly quick! A for effort!

      Delete
  4. Haha I remember doing this when I was small!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, but shhhh, don't tell the boy! ;)

      Delete
  5. I still remember simply not comprehending why the state of my room had any affect on my mother. I hope I can bear that in mind in the future :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes always bear that in mind - its likely to come back to haunt you sadly! *sigh*

      Delete
  6. Well that's a new way of hiding things - cheeky monkeys! #wickedwednesdays x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The irony is that there are storage boxes under the bed where he could legitimately hide the Lego if he so wished! Arghhhh!

      Delete
  7. Haha this is the same in our house. Occasionally it looks really clean then you open a cupboard and you're covered in crap lol x #wickedwednesdays

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I haven't even dared to open any cupboards in there, god knows what I'd find! ;)

      Delete
  8. Clever though bab! Thanks so much for linking up to Wicked Wednesdays and I can't wait to see what you have lined up for this week! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, but I trod on most of it as I tried to put clothes away in the drawers. It proper hurt! See you next week!

      Delete
  9. Is genius and tidy ish haha

    ReplyDelete
  10. At least it is not in the middle of the floor, I suppose. ha

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...