Monday, 14 September 2015

Giving uniforms a new lease of life with Dr Beckmann

If the back to school rush wasn't stressful enough, after a week and a half of school the kids' uniforms are already starting to look a little worse for wear (or is it just my kids that come home with marker pen all over their polo shirts - grrr!).

In addition to that, I have lots of hand-me-down uniform that has seen better days, although it seems a shame to bin it, so its just sitting in a cupboard getting in my way every time I open it looking rather forlorn at the minute.

So, when the team at Dr Beckmann got in touch and asked if we'd like to review a couple of their back to school products which are specifically for uniforms, I was more than a little intrigued.

After all, uniforms are expensive enough these days (I'm looking at you, High School blazers!) without the thought of committing them to the bin before they are even outgrown.

We were sent two products.  Dr Beckmann Glowhite Ultra which claims to give school shirts their mojo back and Dry-Clean Only which refreshes dry clean only items such as really expensive High School Blazers.

It was almost as if these products had been made just for me!



We first set to work with the Glowwhite (who am I kidding, I set to work as I'm the only person who seems to know how the washing machine works around here *sigh*).

I found the product really easy to use - just popping the sachet in the drum of my machine and then loading the laundry and detergent as usual.  It was so easy to use that a child could do it in fact (which is an idea *looks at teenagers*).

Did it work?

Well I was pleasantly surprised when much brighter, fresher shirts appeared from my machine once the wash had finished.  For something so easy it seems a bit of a no-brainer to me. I can now smarten up and keep all those not yet outgrown polo shirts from last year which would be fine if I hadn't already bought new ones.

"Before" on the left and "after" Glowhite Ultra on the right.

Glowhite Ultra comes with two sachets per box at a cost of £2.00 for the box.  I reckon for £2.00 its worth buying a box every year as coincidentally I usually have exactly two loads of school shirts to wash.  Way cheaper than buying new polo shirts too!

Next I tackled teen boy's old blazer from last year.  He's had to have a new one this year because the school insist upon a nearly identical but different logo for the Year 10s, but I was quite keen to try and give the old one a freshen up before I pack it away for my pre-teen boy's start at High School next year.

Again the Dry-Clean Only couldn't be simpler to use.  Open the sachet up and use the enclosed sheet to remove any stains and then bung the whole lot in the tumble dryer for 20 minutes to freshen up.

There are three sheets in the box and each one can clean up to four garments so at £3.49 a box I think they are excellent value for money.

I've been so impressed by both of these products that I'm going to buy another box of each and give our uniforms a spruce up mid way through the school year in future.

For stockist information please visit www.dr-beckmann.co.uk


We were sent the products by Dr Beckmann for the purpose of this review.  All words and opinions are our own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...