Wednesday, 9 September 2015

Baking Bad

During the last few weeks of the summer holidays we ended up getting in to YouTube a bit (by which I mean that we watched a few YouTube videos in bed one morning when it was really really raining).

Now, if you follow Mumsnet on YouTube you can't fail to have noticed the very easy looking little video they've got on their channel, you know, the one with the GIANT biscuit.

This understandably caught the eye of my youngest girl who proclaimed instantly "we must make it, Mummy!".

All going well so far, I mean, what's not to like about a giant perfectly gooey choc chip biscuit.  As I watched the body-less hands and arms making it on my screen I even thought to myself, that looks like a piece of piss easy, hell, I even have a Breton top just like that disembodied baker woman.  It could practically be me in my kitchen!

So we set to work...



Initially, it went OK.  The dough wasn't quite as soft looking and easy to mix as the video but we did not let that dampen our enthusiasm.

Then, it came to putting the mixture in the tin.  This is where things started to go a bit wrong really.  Our tin might have been was completely the wrong size and too small.

But, there had been no clue on the helpful video as to the diameter of the tin and I naively thought that this would not matter.  Fat or thin, a biscuit is a biscuit, right??

Erm, no.  It is not.

And so I present to you dear readers, our almost completely raw in the middle and weird tin side climbing, gravity defying, biscuit thingy that looks a bit like a flan case (thank you teen son for that).



Cheers Mumsnet.  This is just like that revolting Lotus Spread all over again.

This is the very last time you tempt me with your biscuit-y ways*.

And is absolutely why I also hate baking with kids in the holidays.

End of.


* As a side note I'd like to point out that while inexpertly piped (being generous there I know, my piping skills suck), my chocolate icing was in fact homemade and very bloody delicious.  There's none of your icing from a can nonsense in this house.  So there.  A triumph... of sorts.


brummymummyof2

18 comments:

  1. haha, a cookie pie, I think you might be on to something here ;) #WickedWednesdays

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seriously doubt that Toni, but thanks! :)

      Delete
  2. I do love how you've piped round the outside to distract away from the other bits!! To be fair I'd probably (definitely) still eat that ;) #wickedwednesdays

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I was following the YouTube vid, that's what they did, except theirs looked all nice and edible... *sobs*

      Delete
  3. Lol it looks yummy!! But I hate it when baking goes wrong #wickedwednesdays xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Raw in the middle though... My baking always goes wrong!

      Delete
  4. It looks a bit funny but I hope it tasted nice! #wickedwednesdays

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kids ate it but then they all said that they felt sick... even the teen. It must have been bad!

      Delete
  5. Surely it still yasted great? :) Kids love baking and don't mind what it turns out like so you can get away with it! Great post xx #wickedwednesdays

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They ate it but I'm still not sure it was 100% safe! #neveragain

      Delete
  6. hahaha! That looks good. A lot better than some of my baking disasters. lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry I couldn't help but have a little giggle especially when it can to your teen son's comment.... xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Not sure it was very safe with a raw middle but it did get eaten in the end!

      Delete
  9. HAAAAAAAAA!!! I think it looks good bab! Thanks so much for linking up this week and I can't wait to see what you have got lined up for me this week at #wickedwednesdays x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It could have been better - I'll just have to face facts, I'm never going to be good at baking! Thanks for hosting xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...