Wednesday, 12 August 2015

Holiday Flashbacks

Time for another #WickedWednesdays with brummymummyof2 and this week I've gone back into the archives of our family photo album (yep, you guessed it, kids just not being funny this week).

I like looking back at pictures of the older children when they were much smaller.  For one thing it reminds me of all the silly things they used to do and for another, well, let's just say that this week's offering reminded me of something else important.

This picture was taken in the summer holidays 10 years ago, when DS1 and DD1 were pre-schoolers and DS2 was a newborn, and I think serves as a good reminder of what sort of chaos happens in a house with three under fives.

In particular it reminds me that while they were messing about in front of the camera (DS1 sporting underpants on his head there) there were also loads of other things the two of them did while I was otherwise engaged with velcro baby DS2, such as shredding my credit card, dismantling the TV cabinet and pulling down a curtain pole from one of the bedrooms, to name but a few.

So, Glory Be! to never having to endure a school holiday with under fives in the house again and happy Wicked Wednesdays!



Plus, it is obviously a painfully embarrassing picture when you are nearly 15 years old  - I'm sharing it on Facebook later if he doesn't tidy his room... ;)


brummymummyof2

10 comments:

  1. Hilarious. And I love how you are going to use it as blackmail. It is a mother's right! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha!! I use pics of my eldest for blackmail purposes too....So naughty but so effective x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, ha, you should get a seriously spotless bedroom out of this one! My 3 year old thinks it's hilarious to put her PJ bottoms on her head - every single night at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I live in hope! What is it about kids putting clothes on their heads anyway? xx

      Delete
  4. Gloves are an essential with shorts and t-shirts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good style for the middle of summer isn't it?

      Delete
  5. Ah so cute LOVE IT! Thanks so much for linking up! Hope to see you next week over at Wicked Wednesdays! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Missed this week's but will be back next week :) x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...