Wednesday, 15 July 2015

Sunflower Competition Winner

You might remember a while back I wrote about how there was a sunflower growing competition in the twins' class at school.  If not then here it is again (although really why aren't you keeping up?  Do you think I write this for fun?  Oh, wait, I do).

Anyway, I planted a few extra seeds on account of the fact that the ones the school gave us were clearly duds.  I was going to win this, right?

And, it all started off so promisingly.



So well that I could practically be Alan Titchmarsh.

But the competition was long and boring.  Other competitors had obviously been cheating by using their swanky conservatories as growing places.

We had no such luxury.

And?  I forgot to water them often.



I am not cut out for this, am I?

Please tell me that there is no seed growing competition in Year 1?


brummymummyof2

16 comments:

  1. What - you didn't win? Demand a recount!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The winner was over two and a half meters! With a flower! FML...

      Delete
  2. Oh dear! I think you need to put your bra back on and stop trying to be Charlie Dimmock ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See, I knew I was going wrong somewhere! ;)

      Delete
  3. Haha, I bought a plant to brighten up the living room. It lasted a week. I honestly don't know how I'm going to keep a little person alive when I can't even manage shrubbery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funnily enough, little people are a lot easier on account of the fact that they make a noise when they need something! The plants really had no chance with me...

      Delete
  4. hahahaha! They are some awesome sunflowers! Charlie Dimmock has nothing on you ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol they still look better than the carnage that is Ella's sunflower.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought mine were bad as they have no actual flowers, but yours are actually terrible! Dear love ya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are aren't they? I'm no good at growing things from seed - everything ends up like this! x

      Delete
  7. You can always but the ones where there are flowers already haha! Promise I wont tell anyone. #WickedWednesdays

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would totes be EXACTLY the same bab! Thanks so much for linking up to #wickedwednesdays can't wait to see what you've got lined up for me this week! x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...