Wednesday, 29 July 2015

Photo Projects for Parents during the School Holidays

Have you ever taken part in a photographic project?  I never have.  For one thing they last too long and I fear I might eventually lose interest and for another, well, let's just say that I'm not a natural photographer (see below).

So this week I've come up with some alternative ideas for photo projects during the summer holidays, and using my own camera roll as inspiration.

1.  Floor Project

Inspired by Sky Project which I remember seeing on my Facebook a few years ago.  Sky Project was essentially taking a picture of the sky every day for a year.  The trouble is if you are in the UK and at home with kids all day at the minute, it won't have escaped your attention that it rains all the flipping time.  So instead here's an easier one, subject matter provided by the kids after breakfast.  I give you Floor Project:  One photo of the floor, every day of the holidays detailing the mess caused by children.

The clever cropping means that you can't see that the handle of my dustpan has completely snapped off.


2.  Project 48

You might have heard of project 365.  A photo every day for a year.  That's easy though.  What us parents need is a bigger challenge.  How about Project 48?  A photo of a tantrum every day for 48 days! (That's the exact length of the school holidays in case you were wondering - I've counted.)

She wanted toast, not cereal.


3.  48 Happy Nights

Forget the 100 Happy Days thing that was doing the rounds on Facebook a while back. Instead 48 Happy Nights charts what you do once the children have finally gone to bed.  Which in my case involves lots of gin and crap telly.

No idea why this was on my phone?


4.  Embrace Apathy

An easy one this.  All you have to do is take your children out for a day in a museum (National Trust properties also work well here) and then take pictures of the thrilled looks on their faces as they peruse the exhibits.

We took them to a museum.  On a Sunday.  Before midday.  They couldn't even smile?


What do you think?  Could they catch on?

By the way, I hope your week is shaping up to be a less messy, tantrum filled and sad faced one than mine!

Aside from all that, this is my entry this week for the only photo project anyone needs during the summer holidays - #WickedWednesdays with Em at brummymummyof2. Do click on the badge below and check out some of the other entries.


brummymummyof2

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Five here - I'm counting, can't you tell... ;)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you! I really think it could catch on! ;)

      Delete
  3. We've got toddlers so no school holidays yet but could definitely get some interesting results from the Floor Project! #Wicked Wednesdays

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The floor project has endless possibilities, don't you think?! ;)

      Delete
  4. Haha what an honest list and I can relate to each one! Wicked! #wickedwednesdays

    ReplyDelete
  5. EMBRACE APATHY!!! Has really really made me laugh! Thanks so much for linking up. And Wicked Wednesdays is back off holiday this week! Hope you can join in! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I fully intend to be there! :) x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...