Friday, 26 June 2015

Just keep running...

Well, its been a few months since I finished the Couch to 5k plan and so I thought it was time for another update on how things are going.

Truthfully, although I'm still running, I've not been feeling the love for it the whole time.

The same routes, the same distance, three times a week - all a bit monotonous really.

I had been wondering how I was going to get out of this rut, push myself a little harder and further, but I didn't think I would be able to manage a greater distance than the 5k I had been used to.

Then a couple of weeks ago, I decided that I was going to push myself. The weather has been much better here and so the country lanes are no longer flooded and unusable.  I combined two of my usual 5k routes and thought that I'd see how far I could get (I had no idea how long the route was).  I could always end the run early and stick with the 5k distance if I was finding it tough.

So off I went, and I carried on, ignoring the timings and just concentrating on the running and being relaxed.  No pressure.

I passed the 5k mark and then 6k and before I knew it I was on the road back home and hitting 7k!

And it felt great.

My first 7k run!


My run didn't feel quite so boring and I wasn't tired or out of breath.  I could totally do this now.

No longer a 5k runner, now I was a 7k runner.

I was so keen to prove this that I ran the same route three times that week.

I was understandably exhausted by the weekend, but it has been a massive sense of achievement for me.

Can I run 10k by the end of the year I wonder?

I don't know, but it is something to aim for, isn't it?

In addition to that I've started to take some extra supplements recently.  Not related to running as such, but I was sent some Perfect 7 Woman supplements to try by the people at Seven Seas.

They claim to help skin and nails, hair (will they stop it turning grey, please?), energy, brain, vision, heart and hormonal activity.

I have no idea if they've helped in any of these areas yet, although my energy levels are better just recently, so who knows?  Despite the fact that I eat a varied diet already, it feels good to know that I've got all these areas covered anyway.

The Seven Seas online shop also stocks various supplements for Joint Care.  With the increased distances I've been running recently I have been considering taking something like this as I've had various issues with one knee or another following completion of Couch to 5k.



The twins have also been trying some Haliborange Mr Men and Little Miss Calcium and Vitamin D soft and chewy supplements.  Since they've started school I have no idea what they eat at lunchtimes anymore and so again this gives me some extra peace of mind.

Strong and Smiley

They are pretty happy about being given a chewy sweet before school too!

So there you have it!  Still running but running further and with a bit more energy to boot.


We were sent a selection of multivitamin supplements by Seven Seas but were under no obligation to write about them.  All words and opinions are our own.

4 comments:

  1. Well done, I really do think you could do 10K by the end of the year, maybe even through summer! I envy your running, & keep your joints healthy. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I hope so, I'm certainly going to give it a go! x

      Delete
  2. You'll be caning 10k months before the end of the year, 7k is a hell of a distance, be proud of yourself. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope so - I've been "stuck" at 5k for so long - feels really good to push past it! x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...