Monday, 6 April 2015

A blogger's child

We were sorting through some old letters and bits of paperwork a few weeks ago (also known in this house as the cupboard of shame - filing is so dull!) and my husband came across a picture that DD2 had made at school.

The Reception team at our school use a system called Orbit to update the parents on all the relevant developmental progress that their child makes throughout the year in a sort of news feed (kind of like Facebook for learning) and there was a picture of DD2 on there taken when she was painting this particular picture which I have ripped off from the Orbit site because their security is quite lax.

I had to smile at the comment below it where she had asked the teacher lots of questions as she was painting and being photographed, ending with "are you going to put that on your blog?"

The Reception class does have a blog and pictures of the children are regularly posted on there, but it tickled me to think that DD2's first thought on knowing she was being photographed was that it would naturally end up on a blog.

A blogger's child through and through.



Little Hearts, Big Love

18 comments:

  1. So funny, my eldest (5) is the same 'is that going on your website mummy?' 'Did you find that photo on Facebook'... #ftmob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's one of the perils of being born into a digital age!

      Delete
  2. Haha, my boys are the same. Sometimes my eldest takes photos and tells me to put them on Facebook or he draws pictures and tells me to put them on the blog. #ftmob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think DD2 quite likes the idea of being the star of her own blog - such a show off! ;)

      Delete
  3. Aww, that is so cute, definitely a bloggers child!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha made me smile, I have also heard this line from my Monkey :)

    #ftmob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least she's not alone in feeling this way :)

      Delete
  5. Ha brilliant! My eldest says "is this a blog photo or a daddy photo?" Blogging children for you lol #ftmob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A bit of a worry that she outed me at school like that - her teacher better not have seen the post about the class bear's visits...

      Delete
  6. This made me smile, my kids all now ask me to take their photo if they are doing something 'fun' and they have even been known to utter the words, look mummy a photo opp...!! #ftmob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol at "photo opp", that's a great line Sara :)

      Delete
  7. Lol, definitely a sign of being a blogger's child! Jessica now asks if I'm going to take photos when she's doing crafts too! Love it - thank you for sharing with #ftmob :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, so wise! You are welcome, see you again soon :)

      Delete
  8. Oh our poor babies, they are so pap-weary! My toddler just holds his hand up if he sees me with my phone or camera now. I tell my older two it's for my "work" - he he...x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish that worked with mine. The teen point blank refuses any blog related pictures now!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...