Tuesday, 17 March 2015

Couch to 5K Week 7 - The finish line beckons

Look at that!  The end of Week 7 and so it's time for some thoughts on how the week went.



One thing that I've noticed this week is that I haven't been out of breath as I run as much as I've been feeling tired in the final stretch.  A real shift from how I felt in the early days of C25K.

I would never have believed it when I started running back in January, as I rasped my way through that first 60 second jog, that this week I would be running for a whole 25 minutes fairly comfortably.

In fact, to keep myself interested I've been playing around with my route a bit more and think I have finally found a good one - plenty of interesting things to see and gorgeous open countryside - yes, I ran right out of the town (and then back in again of course).

Another thing that has happened - I'm really missing the routine of going for a run on rest days. Now that the weather is nice and sunny I just really want to get outside so much so that I ran on both Monday and Tuesday of last week because I wanted to.  The downside was that by Wednesday my legs were protesting and so a day spent in the house led to some rather unusual retail therapy.

As I mentioned last week, I have wanted to ditch my jacket despite needing the pockets for phone and keys.  So, I did a quick google search to see what I could find to hold everything safely when I'm out.  I didn't really fancy an armband for my phone and so was left with the other option - a running belt.  Most of the recommendations pointed to the SPIBelt and so I took the plunge and ordered one.  It turned up in Friday - a day I wasn't running.  Typical.



I won't be doing a review post on that as such - it isn't a new thing by all accounts, but for those that are wondering I shall add a few thoughts on how I'm getting on with it in next week's post when I've had a chance to try it out properly.

So, only six more runs to go until I finish this - feeling very motivated at the moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...