Thursday, 12 February 2015

Couch to 5k Week 3 - Elastica makes me run fast-ica?

I've now completed week 3 of Couch to 5k, which means that I'm a third of the way through the programme!  I'm going to keep this post brief because apparently I'm becoming a running bore according to DH.

Sorry also about the lame title to this post but this week I've been experimenting with the music I've been listening to as I run.  Over the previous weeks I've downloaded playlists from Blinkbox Music to listen to, which works pretty well on the whole and saves me a bit of time creating my own in iTunes.  The only downside I've so far found to this is that a lot of the playlists created specifically to exercise to are quite loud and dancey in nature which has a couple of effects on me.  The first is that I end up doing that bouncy sort of running along to the song which exhausts me, and the second is that it becomes really irritating after about the third or fourth track and then I resent running along to it - clearly I'm getting old...

So, I decided to listen to my trusty Britpop playlist this past week.  I realise that this music is now 20 years old so essentially I've just turned into my parents, but as I enjoy listening to it so much it seems to really help me to keep focused on running properly.

Having said that the actual running wasn't too taxing this week.  Just two 90 second runs and two three minute runs per session.  I had kind of expected more.

I had my brand new Fat Face fitness clothes to wear too (If you haven't read it yet then my post on those is here) which I was really looking forward to using and which I wasn't disappointed with. Unfortunately my new running shoes were still in transit, only appearing half a hour after returning from my final run for that week, typical!

Beautiful new instruments of torture

All in all its been a very good week which has flown by too quickly.  I have to admit that I'm feeling a bit apprehensive about next week with the C25K app promising five and three minute runs and a total of 16 minutes running per session - can I really do that?

1 comment:

  1. Yes you can :-) I run listening to show tunes I have discovered if I have to stop to cross the road I do a bouncy jazz hand thing....I like to think that I at least entertain those around me ;-) lol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...