Monday, 19 January 2015

Feeling Old

Do you remember Britpop music - wasn't it good?

Just recently we've been listening to a lot of music, streaming it via Blinkbox.  Happily they have an entire Britpop catalogue to choose from.  Fantastic!  I can practically hear my youth calling me.

Yesterday afternoon there I was listening to some music when Supergrass "Pumping On Your Stereo" popped up on the playlist.



DD2 (5) who was sitting next to me at the time, listened thoughtfully to the lyrics for a while. 

Suddenly she turned to me and said,

"What's a stereo?"

I was slightly stunned by her question.  Are stereos really that outdated?

I suppose they must be.

My husband captured it best in his Facebook status update later that day.



We may be feeling old, but at least we can laugh about it!


Little Hearts, Big Love

12 comments:

  1. Haha! I used the phrase 'mix tape' in front of my kids the other day. They hadn't the slightest clue what it might possibly be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps we should make up a sort of crib sheet for children. Mix Tape = Playlist, Stereo = iPod, that sort of thing?

      Delete
  2. Lol, I can identify with this - all those things from our childhood that completely mystify our children. Love your hubby;s facebook status and the crib sheet idea. I remember being asked what a record was once by one of my nieces (I was about 18 at the time). Thanks for sharing with #ftmob :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh yes, records! Completely forgotten about them now! *adds to crib sheet*

      Delete
  3. Oh no, how old are we?! Good old Britpop, though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I'm not sure I really want to think about it...

      Delete
  4. Oh dear, I already feel old without things like this happening!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this is yet another nail in the coffin for me... •sigh•

      Delete
  5. Haha, I remember the 8 track, that is all. : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. My oldest son was holding an LP asking why is this cd big? He is now 16.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe, don't think we own any vinyl anymore!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...