Friday, 7 November 2014

Word of the Week

This week's word of the week is

Countdown

No, not the TV programme - Homes Under the Hammer will always be my favourite ;)

No, if you follow me on Twitter you may have seen last Friday that I was one of the lucky winners of a ticket to Mumsnet Blogfest 2014.

I could hardly believe it!

My flippant tongue (or fingers depending on which way you look at it) usually gets me into trouble.  It's a terrible habit of mine.  But, this time it appears it was the key to winning my ticket to an actual real life blogging conference!

I have had terrible bad luck with previous blogging events - tickets are either too expensive or in short supply.  I'd resigned myself to the fact that I might never be able to go to any of the bigger events because of this.

That was until I sent this tweet...



I was of course not totally serious (well, maybe a bit)...

Anyway, tomorrow morning I will be getting up at OMGwhattimeisthis? o'clock and making my way down to that London by train to join loads of brilliant bloggers for the day.

If you follow me on Instagram you might see a few pictures throughout the day and of course, there will be tweets (flippant ones natch.).  

And, if you're going, see you there!

I'm so excited!

The Reading Residence

20 comments:

  1. Yay my fellow winner! Dead excited x see you there tomorrow hopefully. Probably by the gin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! See you tomorrow. Def. by the Gin ;)

      Delete
  2. That was a really funny and honest answer! :) Love it. Well done :) Enjoy the conference ;) #wotw.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Well done and I hope you have a fab time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went last year but sadly can't make it this year; you will have an awesome time, it was my favourite one last year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a shame you can't come. I'm so pleased I've got the chance to, I really hope I enjoy it as much as you did.

      Delete
  5. Yay well done and I love your reasoning any excuse to hide from the kiddies with gin is a winner in my book :-) have a great time x #WotW

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet win! Goodluck tomorrow and Ill be looking forward to a post or 2 (& lots of tweets) about the event =) #wotw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wasn't it? Thanks very much and I'll do my best to tweet lots of sensible things too... ;)

      Delete
  7. Well done! Great tweet! Have fun :) Thanks for sharing with #WotW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I fully intend to have fun - not often I get some time just for me!

      Delete
  8. Love your tweet, made me laugh! Hope you have a fab time at Blogfest :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done! That tweet did make me laugh! Have a wonderful time x

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pleased you got a ticket, that was a fab tweet! haha. Have a great day x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...