Tuesday, 4 November 2014

Kate's Cakes - Review

"Mummy, can we have a tea party?"

Ah, the half term holidays.  That time when I get forced to play all those games that involve all the things I don't want to do like playing with playdoh (ends up in me tidying), art and crafts (me cleaning up the mess) and tea parties (yep, you guessed it, me tidying, clearing up mess and doing the washing up!).

As you may understand then, I'm not a massive fan.

But, DD2 is most insistent, especially when it comes to playing tea parties with actual food and drinks in her little toy tea set, so really I don't have a lot of choice in the matter.

So, when Kate's Cakes got in touch and asked me if I'd like to review some of their delicious cakes I knew that there was only one person to help me with the job.



As you might be able to guess, we decided to use our cakes for a little tea party.  DD2 was in charge but we needed extra guests.  It is sometimes handy to have a twin brother!




Kate's Cakes are made using non-GMO ingredients, free range eggs and are free from artificial flavourings, resulting in an irresistible homemade style taste in a premium hand crafted cake.

We tried the cake squares which are available in two flavours - Chocolate Fudge Cake and Lemon Drizzle Cake.  The Lemon Drizzle was deemed to be everyone's favourite.  In fact, we fought over who got the last one (it was me, because I'm writing the review!).  They taste amazing and lemony and have a really crunchy sugar topping.  



The Chocolate Fudge were rather good too.  DS2, who gate crashed the party, had a quick taste of them. Despite not being a lover of chocolate cake he really did like these.  Apparently they aren't as gooey as my homemade cakes which makes them far superior in his eyes!  I have to admit that they did have a lovely deep cocoa flavour and were quite moorish.  They were decorated with chocolate curls too.  No wonder that they lasted seconds!



Another thing that I liked about these is that to ensure freshness each cake comes individually wrapped inside the box.  This makes them perfect for popping in a lunch box or even for keeping in the kitchen cupboard for an impromptu coffee morning with friends.  There are five cakes in each box which, as DD1 cleverly pointed out, is just enough when you have five children!



The cakes retail at £1.99 for a box of five and are available from Tesco.







As you can see from our pictures, the twins and I had a great little tea party (although I passed on the little cups of orange squash and made myself a proper brew!), and the bonus?  Well, it appears that I didn't have to do the washing up after all!




We were sent a box of goodies from Kate's Cakes for the purpose of this review.  All words and opinions are our own.
Family Fever

10 comments:

  1. We have tried Kate's Cakes too - aren't they amazing?! Thanks for linking up with #TriedTested

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are - didn't last very long here!

      Delete
  2. They look very tasty cakes....What a fab tea party x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a very sweet tea party! I hadn't heard of Kate's Cakes before - I'll have to look out for them :) #TriedTested

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neither had I but I will be checking my local supermarket for them now!

      Delete
  4. Aww such cute photos! The cakes look yummy! #TriedTested

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh we've never tried these but they look yummy! Love your tea set :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Kerrie. Its an Emma Bridgewater one (it helps that we aren't far from their factory!) :) x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...