Monday, 3 November 2014

Angel Delightful

Angel Delight has been around since 1967.  It's even older than me!  It is something that I definitely remember with fondness from my childhood (especially the Butterscotch flavour!). So, when BritMums launched their latest linky challenge, #AngelDelightMoments I knew I had to write a post.

Funnily enough, my children have been recent converts to Angel Delight themselves.  I'd forgotten all about its existence as the kids usually favour yoghurt as a pudding, but back in the summer holidays I was googling recipes for ice lollies and up popped the suggestion that you can actually turn Angel Delight into frozen milk lollies - who knew?

Not me that's for sure.

Thanks to the Angel Delight website I also discovered that you can make it into milkshakes as well. Yum!

But back to the lollies...

I was very impressed (and relieved) that all I had to do was whip up some Angel Delight and pour it into the mould to set. Easy peasy!  Even a fair weather chef like me can manage that.

They were a massive hit with the kids, especially as I had previously struggled with our stupid Lego Man lolly mould.  Whereas previous attempts had ended with shattered lollies and empty sticks, my Angel Delight versions simply popped out of the moulds first time - perfect!

Stupid lolly moulds...

...but a perfect lolly!


They made a tasty addition to our Lego Movie themed afternoon back in the summer and we've since repeated the lollies with Chocolate flavour at the kids request.

Now, onto the Angel Delight that we were sent...

Opening the package we were really excited to see the new Bubblegum flavour.



My children were beside themselves with excitement!

What would we do with it?  Would I let them make milkshakes?  More lollies?  Something else?

Well, no.

Being a child of the seventies I'm something of a purist when it comes to Angel Delight.  In my opinion there really is only one way to eat it.



The children's verdict?





They thought it was brilliant.  Declared it their new favourite in fact.  It did smell amazing when I made it up and I was very tempted to make myself a bowl.  We may need more.  Luckily it is stocked in Tesco.

It is certainly something I'm going to be adding to my shopping list more regularly in the future.  Particularly as the bubblegum flavour is made using only natural colourings as well as being suitable for vegetarians. 

DD1 isn't keen on yogurts or anything dairy based usually but loves Angel Delight so it is an excellent way to get extra calcium into her without argument.

As you can see we are big fans.

Angel Delight is simply Angel Delightful.


This post is an entry for #AngelDelightMoments Linky Challenge.  Find out more about Angel Delight at http://bit.ly/angeldelight.


2 comments:

  1. I have had many lollies disasters so will be trying this idea. Lovely pictures. Commenting for myself and on behalf of BritMums and thanking you for taking part.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh yes the lollies are fab! Thanks for your comment - a pleasure taking part as always!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...