Friday, 10 October 2014

Word of the Week

A bit of an odd one this week, but my word of the week is

SKIRTS

I'm no fashion or lifestyle blogger, you only have to take a look around here to see that, but this week with the colder weather I've finally put away all my summer clothes and have been wearing my new winter boots.  I may have mentioned these before.

They are far too lovely to hide under a pair of jeans though, so with them I've been wearing tights and skirts.

Up until fairly recently I had lived in jeans and t-shirts.  Most of the last 11 years has been spent sitting on the floor next to a small child, making Lego models or building a train set or brushing My Little Pony's hair, you get the idea... Jeans were just more practical for all of that.

Now I don't have to do that any more.  The children are in school and I can wear clothes just because I like them.

It's not that I hate jeans, I just don't find them all that comfortable these days.  The added advantage of not wearing them when doing the school run in the rain means that I don't get that annoying thing happen, where the hems soak up every nearby puddle.  After the school run in a skirt I am comfy and dry. I feel smarter too (not that I probably am, I just feel it).



The only disadvantage is that I now need to buy more skirts.  Having spied one that I'd had my eye on for a while in an online sale I was dismayed to find it had sold out hours later.  I can't find many others that I like instead.  It's all new territory to me - not only do I have to find the right size but also the right length.  It's important because I'm definitely not built for mini skirts.

So, skirts is my word of the week, what's yours?


The Reading Residence

12 comments:

  1. Do you know, I've also been thinking of skirts lately. Like I don't really wear them, more of a jeans & shirt/tops kind of woman. But I have this lovely knee-high boots and like you said, would be such a waste to hide under jeans, so I've also been on the look out for skirts :) #wotw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally a waste - I love wearing my boots now!

      Delete
  2. I wear jeans all the time.....I can't actually remember the last time I wore a skirt.....It must have been in my early 20's at least (I'm nearly 25 now) lol Yours looks like a fab skirt x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I haven't worn a skirt since my twenties either so it feels like a really big change.

      Delete
  3. I wear jeans a lot, though I do like a floaty skirt in summer, and yes, there is something about boots and skirts in the autumn, and I do hate that soggy jeans hem! I have a fair few, and a new one with little sheep all over that I'm looking forward to getting out! Thanks for sharing with #WotW x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Little sheep sound nice! I am fed up of soaked hems on the school run so that is my main motivation at the minute!

      Delete
  4. I like wearing skirts to work but I tend to stick with ones with a bit of flare so I'm always super aware of how windy it is on any given day!! So nice to dig the old (or new!) boots out again though, isn't it? :-) X #wotw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, yes - I have some other boots too which were really expensive and a bit too good for the school run, but they will be out again come christmas I'm sure!

      Delete
  5. This is my problem too lately. The edge of my jeans going dirty and soggy! But I dont look good in skirt nor do I have new boots. So needless to say I am so jealous =) #wotw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I don't look amazing in a skirt but if it is a choice between being comfortable and being wet then the skirts win every time!

      Delete
  6. I love skirts too and oh I love your boots :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have wanted a pair like that for ages but could never see what I wanted anywhere - now I've found them I plan on wearing them as much as I can!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...