Wednesday, 22 October 2014

Wicked Wednesdays

Coinciding with the wettest week we've had for a while, today DS2 has left us for a few days to go on the annual school residential trip.

Despite the fact that it costs a small fortune I do quite enjoy it as it means that a) we get a small amount of respite from boy vs. teen war at home and b) DS2 gets to try lots of new outdoorsy things, increase his confidence and generally have a bit of fun with his friends.  Its a win/win situation really.

That is apart from the packing.  Which always gets left to me.  Urgh.

So, armed with my packing list I spent most of yesterday gathering stuff together, trying to remember where I'd put the torch (the one that we'd bought specifically for this trip) and working out if I could get away with not ironing anything everything.  (Remember, its wet and probably very muddy in Wales so I'll be flinging the whole lot back into the washing machine come Friday night - its hardly worth bothering with an iron in my opinion)

Sooo, picture the scene.  I've worked out where everything is, started packing it into the case and yet the list seems endless.  The more I pack, the more I remember that we haven't got this or that, can he do without it?  Will he be able to even move the case once its packed?

WILL I BE ABLE TO CLOSE THE CASE?

Erm...
Endless list of "stuff"

Will it Fit?

Maybe?

Good job I had a "helper"

I may have* instructed her to do this.  After all, what's the point of having small children if you can't use them to weigh down a suitcase every now and then?

brummymummyof2

•  totally did

14 comments:

  1. Interesting use of child, but I do approve. #wickedwednesdays

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can remember being asked (ok made) to do this when I was little. Glad to see the tradition is being kept up! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, sometimes this is necessary to get the suitcase to shut :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your #wickedwednesdays my son came back with the towel still folded as it was when packed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine the same! Better than his older brother who came back in the same clothes having slept in them for two days because he was worried he'd lose something if he opened the case! Kids!

      Delete
  5. They've got to earn their keep somehow. #WickedWednesdays

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. About time too! I sometimes make her sweep floors as well...

      Delete
  6. hahahahaha!!!!!
    Fabulous Idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab! This is defo a task fit for a child. I did this for my rents too! Lovely to see you this week and I hope to see you next week for more #wickedwednesdays fun! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes they have their uses! See you next week! xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...