Thursday, 9 October 2014

Morning Losers or Morning Winners?

We aren't really morning people here.  Well, when I say we, what I really mean is that I am not a morning person.  Give me a cup of hot tea or coffee and my duvet over getting up and dressed and out onto the school run any day.

So, when I read about BritMums latest linky sponsored by belVita to tell you all about our morning wins I was a bit intimidated.  Absolutely nothing about our mornings usually says "win" at all.  Our mornings are generally surrounded by a large helping of chaos.  If anything, we are morning losers.

Or so I thought.

As I say, give me a cup of tea or coffee instead of the school run and I'm happy.  But having a cup of something hot before the school run often puts me in the right frame of mind to tackle the day.  It makes the school run bearable for me, so that's our first win right there.

Making the school run bearable with coffee and belVita

The rest of my family all have their own ideas as to what constitutes a morning win too.

My husband leaves early every day to catch the train to work.  He always leaves far earlier than he has to so that he can get a parking space because the station car park gets full so quickly.  Getting a space for his car, rather than a parking ticket, is a morning win for him.

Since school started back last month another morning win is having children who are happy to get ready in the morning.  The twins have been enjoying their new class so much that they are more than happy when I tell them they need to put their uniforms on in the morning - long may it continue!

Happy to be dressed in their uniform and on their way to school!

My eldest daughter's morning win recently was finding out that the school canteen serves hot chocolate and toast before school for free!  She now leaves extra early so that she can get there in time to have a free breakfast (after eating her other breakfast at home of course!).

The teen, well, like me he's not big on getting up and out of the house either.  His morning win also amounts to getting a second breakfast in the form of belVita Breakfast biscuits which he appropriates from the kitchen cupboard in the morning prior to leaving for school.  That's several wins in one for a teenager really.  Getting one over on his mother (who was wondering where all the belVita had gone), not having to get up as early as his sister in order to get the free school breakfast, being able to eat more breakfast on the way to school, food in general.  As you can see he's a typical teenage boy.

It is clear that the teen is the biggest morning winner here.  So, in order that he doesn't get too big for his boots I'm off to hide the belVita from him for a while, and have some myself.  My favourite are the hazelnut ones accompanied by a nice cup of coffee which is just as well as the rest of the family have argued over and eaten all of the Choc Chip and Apricot biscuits.

Hehe, outfoxing the teen - that's a morning win if ever I did see one!


This post is an entry for the #MorningWin Linky Challenge sponsored by belVita Breakfast.  Learn more at http://bit.ly/belVitaUK

2 comments:

  1. I loved reading about the things that make your family have a better morning. Commenting for myself and on behalf of BritMums and thanking you for taking part

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate! A pleasure taking part as always!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...