Saturday, 4 October 2014

Clinique Great Skin For Him Gift Set Review

With both my husband's birthday and our wedding anniversary coming up in the next few weeks, and Christmas approaching too, I've recently been on the hunt for suitable gifts.

The trouble is what do you buy a man who has nearly everything he could ever need and everything that he already wants? 

And I don't mean socks.

Grooming products are something which DH rarely has the time to buy as well as something that he wouldn't choose for himself normally.  Working in a very warm and dry office, his skin has started to suffer a bit recently and so my attention was drawn to the gorgeous selection of men's grooming products and gift sets from House of Fraser.  There really is something to suit every style and budget.

I chose the Clinique Great Skin For Him Gift Set.  As a Clinique user myself it appealed to me as I knew that the products inside would be great quality.




The gift box itself has a beautiful silver mirrored effect and has the Clinique branding on the front.  I was expecting to find the products wrapped up inside but when I opened the box for closer inspection I discovered that the products were nestled inside a lovely small wash bag too.  The bag, while not as big as a typical men's wash bag, is made from a dark grey twill type fabric and is lined.  What I liked about it the most is that it is very light and squashable, so would be easy to slip into his work bag should he need to take some things with him to the office to freshen up if, heaven forbid, he was working through the night (which admittedly doesn't happen often these days but it is still handy to be prepared just in case).




Inside the bag wrapped in tissue paper I found a 100 ml tube of face scrub (which I was very pleased about - he can stop borrowing mine now!), a 125 ml bottle of aloe shave gel, a 35 ml bottle of post shave soother and a 30 ml tube of anti-age moisturiser.  The tubes and bottles are all the same distinctive Clinique for Men dark grey color and match the bag perfectly.




There is no discernible scent to the products as they are all 100% fragrance free as well as being allergy tested.  Because of this I was sure that they would be kinder to DH's skin than his usual hand soap and water.

At £34 for the set I feel that it is very good value as there is enough of each product to use several times (the face scrub and shave gel are in fact both full size products and worth £34 on their own) and the addition of a wash bag gives it a nice finishing touch to make the set more of a gift than just simply a bunch of products.

Being a bit of a social media blabber mouth I couldn't help myself but to show the gift set off on Instagram.  Unfortunately DH spotted it which spoiled his surprise somewhat so he has ended up with it as an early birthday gift instead.

What did he think of it?

Well, he was really pleased with it and after a quick test run with the facial scrub and the post shave soother he said that his skin felt amazingly good.  

He was also relieved that it wasn't yet another iTunes gift card because, let's face it, there are only so many Bruce Springsteen albums you can buy...


This review is in collaboration with House of Fraser


Family Fever

14 comments:

  1. This looks a really lovely set, and perfect for Christmas. Definitely better than socks lol. Thanks for linking up with #TriedTested

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, much better than socks (and Bruce Springsteen!). Thanks for hosting :)

      Delete
  2. That does look a great gift set, and like you, I like Clinique products for myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, DH was really chuffed to have some Clinique of his own at last!

      Delete
  3. This looks like a lovely gift idea for Christmas - thank you for the idea and your review :) xx
    #TriedTested

    Brenda BusyBee

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like a great gift set. My husband is a Clinique fan, so this would be right up his street. Price is good too and it would be great for Christmas. Oh Christmas - yes - just around the corner!! x :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! The sun's only just gone and already we're thinking about Christmas!!

      Delete
  5. Ooh I am off to buy this for hubby a great stocking filler x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lovely. I'm sure he'll enjoy it! x

      Delete
  6. This looks like a great set.....Fantastic for Christmas x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I'd saved it now - will have to think of something else for Christmas day!

      Delete
  7. My husband is a big fan of Clinique products too :)
    Thanks for linking up with #TriedTested this week x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...