Friday, 12 September 2014

Word of the Week

Oh dear, I seem to have completely neglected to join in with Word of the Week over at The Reading Residence for some time.  I had great intentions last week but then, well, life just got in the way!

Anyway this gave me the perfect work for this week:



Impatience isn't really a great quality is it?  Having said that I have been feeling impatient for very good reason this week.

My twins have been as school for nearly two weeks but half days only.  We are all really impatient for them to be full time - three school runs a day really breaks things up for me far too much and means that I don't get as much time blogging as I'd like, as well as doing housework of course, ahem ;)  I think it will also be good for them, as they really want to be just like DS2 and stay all day.

Unfortunately, with the return to school comes the return of homework.  Most of last weekend was spend being impatient for DS1 to finish his homework.  I had hoped that Year 9 would make him a little more responsible but it appears some things never change.  Teens, eh?

I have been impatient to start blogging properly again.  The holidays gave me a nice little break but I really enjoy the quiet time on my own with the kids in school, tap-tapping away on the keyboard and getting my thoughts down.  Last week it just felt a little too much for me to manage.  This week has been better but I have loads to get down on here and not quite enough time - next week will be better again I'm sure!

It's Autumn, or Summer, or a bit of both, I'm not quite sure but I really want some crisp mornings and crunchy leaves to walk through on the way to school.  My ulterior motive - a new pair of boots which I am impatient to wear with thick tights and skirts!  Come on Autumn, hurry up and get here!

Click on the badge below to read some more words of the week.


The Reading Residence

10 comments:

  1. Doing 3 school runs must keep you going! Just realised that'll be me next year when the twins start nursery! Hope you have a lovely weekend x #WotW

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would make me impatient, too, though to be honest, patience has never been one of my strengths! Boo did half days for 4 days, and then moved to full days, so this is her first full week and she's been fine with it. The day still whizzes by, so I can imagine how lots of half days must feel. Hope you settle soon and you can get back to your blogging (I mean housework!) Thanks for joining in again with #WotW x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes, the blogging, erm, housework has really been neglected!

      Delete
  3. I understand how you feel. My youngest is at the school nursery and I struggle to get anything done in the few hours before the various school drop off and pick us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I finally feel like I'm coming out of the other side of that now after 11 years of half days on and off - freedom!

      Delete
  4. When my girls were in nursery and just starting school it was really annoying....I couldn't get anything done....
    I have some new boots I'm dying to wear and I'm looking forward to wearing them when the weather changes x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, hurry up really cold weather! I wanna wear my boots!

      Delete
  5. You really are impatient! So true about this weather, we are having a bit of both. But today it got really cold and what better way than to thread on the road? New boots! #wotw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still too warm here - I can't wait for some leaves to crunch through on the way to school!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...