Friday, 18 July 2014

Word of the Week

I haven't joined in with word of the week for quite some time but when Jocelyn tweeted me this morning to ask if I'd like to join in I thought now seem like the perfect opportunity.  The word that sums up my week this week is


It seems I have had very little time for my blog this last few weeks.  End of term preparations and other things have meant that my time has been spent elsewhere.  It is quite frustrating for me and I shall be glad when the week is over finally and we can all have a bit of a rest.  I have so many things I need to write about, I just need some time to do it!

On Monday it was time for everybody to go back to school and work, only the twins were a bit under the weather and so they had a day at home, which turned into two days and then three.  Finally yesterday it was time for them to return to pre-school.  They now have less than a week left before they move on to the main school after the holidays.  It is time that I can't wait to pass in a way.  I am so aware that they have outgrown pre-school and need something more challenging.  They are both really looking forward to September and so am I!

On Tuesday I decided to use the spare time I had not doing school runs to tidy up the boys' bedroom yet again.  There were so many outgrown toys and clothes and books in their room.  It was definitely time for a change.  I also used the opportunity to tidy up the twins bedroom too and they have inherited quite a lot of the boys' stuff, including some storage which they are delighted about.  It feels good to be a bit more organised, even during the chaos of the end of term.  I'm really glad I spend the time doing it.

Yesterday my two eldest children went on school trips.  If you read regularly you may remember my anguish at sending my son on his trip to a theme park, however I needn't have worried because they only had four hours there in the end which left very little time to go on many of the bigger rides.  I did feel a little sorry for him but he says he had a good time regardless.

While all of this has been going on, dh has managed to hurt his back too.  He is in so much pain and I'm convinced that all he really needs is a bit of time to let it heal properly, which is easier said than done when he has had work commitments to attend to all week.

As you can see, time very accurately sums up our week. Time spent doing things, not enough time to do other things, and more time needed.  In fact as you read this it will be time for my oldest two children to come home from school for the last time this academic year.  Hopefully, once school is over next week I'll have some more time to join in regularly with WotW and to spend on my blog and more importantly with my family!

Which word sums up your week?

Click on the badge below to find some more words of the week linked up with the Reading Residence.

The Reading Residence

8 comments:

  1. The perfect word for you this week! I do love having a clear out and reorganising things, and funnily enough, am just getting into that mode today, and I'm feeling an Ikea trip on the cards for the weekend! But, oh, to have more time - would be fabulous! I hope your dh is better soon, too x Thanks for joining in again with #WotW x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Managed to avoid the IKEA trip thank goodness!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you have had a busy week. Wishing your DH gets better soon. #WotW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this week he'll recover.

      Delete
  3. My word of the week is time too. There just isn't enough of it to go around! #wotw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I feel as though I might need a time machine!

      Delete
  4. This is what I am planning on doing when summer vacation starts, tidying up the house! It has become a jungle like house so it needs a bit of an overhaul. Also the real estate people will visit too so I really need to do that =) #wotw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing like a bit of tidying to make everything seem better. I really don't do it enough.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...