Tuesday, 3 June 2014

Hotel Chocolat H-Box Everything Selection Review

If you've been reading for a while you might remember that just before Christmas Hotel Chocolat asked us to review one of their Christmas chocolate selections.  We loved them and in fact it lead my husband to go searching in our local store for something gorgeous and grown up to eat after Christmas lunch.  He came back with some of their selector boxes, all of which were delicious, in particular the Gin Truffles (yes, you read that right, GIN TRUFFLES, with actual Gin!).  You can tell then, that we are really big fans of Hotel Chocolat here.

A few weeks ago I was asked again to take a look at their selection of chocolates with Father's Day coming up.  Knowing we would be in for a treat I was only too delighted.  We chose to review their H-Box Everything Selection Chocolate Box which boasts 14 different chocolates.

The chocolates came wrapped in tissue and inside an elegant gift bag.  Perfect for dads.  So much so that DH immediately unwrapped his parcel to see what was inside.  The chocolates are in a single tray presented in an understated box, the front of which states - Making a choice can be the hardest thing, so why bother?  Don't deny yourself - enjoy a bit of everything.  If I was choosing a chocolate gift for my own father, father-in-law or DH this is the type of thing I would buy (although with my own father no longer here and a father-in-law with lactose intolerance there was really only one man for the job so sadly it fell to DH to tell me what he thought of them - such a tough job).



Inside, the chocolates themselves are all different from one another (a bit of everything, as the box says!).  There are quite a few caramel based and praline chocolates in the selection.  I must admit I'm a big fan of this type of chocolate, so I was very happy when DH said I could share his gift (ha ha, yes he really did say that!).  DH's favourite type of chocolate is white chocolate, but in this selection there is only one, Eton Mess which he quickly snaffled before the children got in on the action!  There are however, a nice mix of milk and dark chocolates in the box and so he was more than happy with what was left.



Our favourites were Billionaire's Shortbread, Dizzy Praline, Nutty Caramel and although neither DH or I fancied trying it, a Liquorice Caramel which 11 year old DD1 tried, telling us that it wasn't too overpowering a flavour paired with the dark chocolate (ok she didn't exactly say that, I'm paraphrasing, not raising a mini Nigella).

All in all this box is another hit from Hotel Chocolat.  If you are looking for something special for a Father's Day gift then this is it.  At £13.00 for the box they are something of a luxury compared to the chocolate we usually buy, but I would be prepared to pay that price knowing what a treat it is.

I was also quite taken with their Beer Selector boxes made with Belgian Blonde Beer, which are only £3.85 for six chocolates and would make a nice inexpensive and unusual gift.

Of course, once Father's Day is out of the way my birthday is next (and its a significant one), there are more than a few things on the Hotel Chocolat website that I have my eye on (apart from Gin chocs) I wonder if I should start dropping hints now?...


We were sent a box of chocolate by Hotel Chocolat in return for this review.  All words and opinions are our own.
Family Fever

14 comments:

  1. Those chocolates look yummy! #triedandtested

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhh they look delicious! I do love Hotel Chocolat #TriedTested

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the sound of Billionaires shortbread! Thanks for linking up with #TriedTested

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DH had that one but apparently was lovely! Thanks for hosting :)

      Delete
  4. Oooh we love Hotel Chocolat! These look yummy. Love the new blog header as well! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you - was only supposed to be a temporary one!

      Delete
  5. We are huge fans of Hotel Chocolat in our house!
    Thanks for linking up wtih #TriedTested

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks yummy. I haven't had Hotel Chocolat in years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you should get some - they are divine!

      Delete
  7. Hotel Chocolat always does such great selection boxes. Only problem is, if I buy one for my Dad or hubby I'd probably end up keeping it for myself! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes that is a big problem I'll admit!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...