Friday, 25 April 2014

Word of the Week

So this week everyone has gone back to school and work.  Everyone except me.  This week I have been



I've not been alone all the time though.  The twins still only go to pre-school for half days and DH worked from home yesterday which meant that I have had some company, just not as much as I would like.

It isn't that I don't appreciate some down time occasionally, when I can bake or just hang the washing without interruption.  It is more that it isn't as exciting as having other people about.  The hustle and bustle and slightly chaotic ways of our home are something that I've come to cherish just lately.

On Monday evening I finally got around to accepting the twins' places at school.  There has been no drama with school places this time.  No second or third choices, just one, although I did have a slight panic that I hadn't filled the forms in correctly when there was only one email from the council, but it appears they put twins on the same offer letter - phew!  Accepting the places just felt so final, another step towards being all alone from 9.00 am until 3.30 pm every weekday come September.

What word best describes your week?  Click on the badge below to read some other words of the week.

The Reading Residence

10 comments:

  1. I just realized that i will be alone too this september! I am suddenly planning what to do in my head. Is it too early for that? #wotw

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that's going to feel a bit weird eh?! I will only have two days a week like this from Sept 2016 though even though my eldest starts school this September - I work 2.5 days a week and youngest turns 4 Jul 2016...#wotw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A bit more time for you yet then! It doesn't feel like five minutes ago that I was saying "oh, I've got them at home for a couple of years yet", where did the time go?

      Delete
  3. Oh this must be really hard, I have a couple of years before Baby goes to pre-school, but dreading it already x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not hard, just strange - fell at a bit of a loose end tbh.

      Delete
  4. Oh, that must be a strange thought. My eldest will be starting school in September, and I'm dreading it, but I will still have a 2 year old keeping me company every day! Thanks for sharing with #WotW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky you! Two year olds are the best company imo!

      Delete
  5. Both my girls are at full time school and you do get used to it....It's not as scary as it may first seem :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure I will - hmm, cup of tea in peace, yes please!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...