Monday, 28 April 2014

Blog On 2014 - It's nearly time!

It scarcely seems like five minutes ago when I was nervously filling in my details and buying my ticket for this year's Blog On at the Museum of Science and Industry in Manchester.  Well, that was February and now its the end of April and less than a week until Blog On!  Eeek!  I'm still a bit nervous, can you tell?

Well, Laura who blogs at Tired Mummy of Two and who is also responsible for organising everything at Blog On (no wonder she's tired really!) has started a linky for attendees so that we can introduce ourselves.  She's posed us a few questions as ice-breakers.  Here are my answers.

Name:  Philippa (but never Pip or Pippa)

Blog URL:  You're here already but its www.soundinglikemymother.blogspot.co.uk

Twitter:  @soundinglike

Facebook:  Don't have a Facebook page for the blog yet

Location:  Cheshire - near the posh bit

Kids:  Five, of various ages, sizes, cleanliness and politeness.  Generally I'm finding that the older they are the taller they get but the cleanliness and politeness declines somewhat.

Favourite food:  No favourites here, its all good

Tea or coffee?  Both

Cat or Dog?  Neither

Left handed or right handed? Left

What came first the chicken or the egg?  Well we had eggs for breakfast the other day so I'll say the egg.

Dietary requirements?  None (does intravenous gin count?)

Special talents?  Indecisiveness, procrastination and not doing the ironing.

Describe Yourself In Seven Words:  Mother of five, winging it, likes gin.

What Is The Best And Worst Thing About Blogging?  The best:  Writing something that makes someone laugh.  The worst:  That empty-headed feeling that you get when you can't think of what to write.

What is the most embarrassing thing you've ever done?  I manage to make everything I do embarrassing - its a skill...

What would your superhero name and power be?  All I'm saying is that no one has ever seen me in the same room as Wonder Woman - there's a reason for that ;)

What will you be wearing at Blog ON?  A nervous smile.  Oh, and clothes, there will definitely be some sort of clothing.

What’s your favourite blog post you have written this year so far?  That's easy, this one. I had fun writing it and it became Mumsnet Blog of the Day, netting me a few thousand page views in hours.  I very nearly didn't post it too!

And because I really want to know the answer - If you choke a smurf what colour does it turn?  Purple

While you are here would you like some cake? What kind?  In order of preference, Coffee and Walnut, Lemon, Chocolate.  But I don't really mind - cake is cake, right?

This will be my first blogging event and despite the nerves I'm looking forward to learning lots of new things so that I can put them into practise back here on the blog (providing I manage to turn up and not get lost in the centre of Manchester trying to park!).  If you are going, see you there!


Blog On

4 comments:

  1. I love reading these posts after I've written mine - I put eggs as in breakfast and am left handed too!
    Although I'm a grey smurf person lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah great minds and all that! I guessed about the smurf so I'm probably wrong! I must get round to reading all the other posts too.

      Delete
  2. I'm looking forward to it so much. Will be nice to meet you x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Although I'm having a wardrobe dilemma which is dampening my enthusiasm a little...

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...