Friday, 14 February 2014

Word of the Week

This week my word of the week is

PERSEVERANCE


You may have noticed I've been a little quiet this week but so much has been happening at home that I haven't had a chance to blog as much as I'd have liked.  Perseverance seems to fit in well with this for several reasons.

1.  My husband has been working hard on a project at work for over a year now and although the end is very nearly in sight, there always seems to be something that stops him from finalising it.  It is really difficult for me to watch from the sidelines.  He takes a great deal of pride in what he does for a living  and does not like setbacks!  Perseverance is definitely the key here - I'm sure it won't last forever!

2.  My eldest daughter is going through the "I hate school" phase.  She really needs encouragement to do homework in particular.  It seems to be paying off though and despite her hatred of school in general she has had a great report this week and is doing well in several subjects.

3.  My youngest son has never been one for colouring in.  He is always far too quick to finish to achieve any really good results.  This week we found a picture that he really wanted to complete and so I printed it off and let him loose with the crayons.  He really tried very hard and instead of a few random scribbles, he managed to sit still long enough to colour it all in!



4.  Blogging - always something I need to persevere with.  Some weeks I am full of ideas and others just fly by without any.  I've been playing with my blog layout a bit this week but have ended up taking all my changes off again.  I am going to go back and have another go at it when I'm in a better frame of mind.  My main problem is that I get bored very easily.  With so much to get my head around and learn, it would be very easy for me to throw the towel in with frustration but in order to get my blog looking the way I'd like I obviously need to persevere!


The Reading Residence

2 comments:

  1. Great word for all of your family then this week. I hope your husband's project works out soon and your daughter starts to like school again. That colouring in is fab, and like you, I'm going to have a little blog redesign, but unlike you, lack the patience for it, so am getting some help! Thanks very much for linking up with #WotW x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome! I wish I could get someone to design my blog for me - it might be easier! x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...