Friday, 7 February 2014

Word of the Week

My word of the week this week is


SCOOTER 


Specifically the one belonging to my daughter.  Last Saturday dd1 was so bored she decided to go and visit her grandma on her scooter.  A couple of hours later she was returned to my doorstep by my mother who had driven her home. She was carrying a very broken scooter.



To say she was upset was an understatement.  She loves her scooter and goes everywhere on it whenever she can.  To be fair the scooter has seen better days.  I was about to get her a replacement back wheel for it from the Micro Scooters website anyway, and so I thought I'd send them an email asking if there was anything that could be done about the broken bracket too.

I had an email back on Monday.  A replacement part could be bought.  Dh and I decided on reflection that despite this we may as well get a new scooter.  On closer inspection there was also a missing bolt, which was probably the reason for the bracket breaking in the first place. There were so many parts needed that the cost of them equalled more than half of the retail price of a new one!

So my very lucky girl got a nice shiny blue scooter.  It arrived yesterday and I instantly felt compelled to open the box and take it for a spin (round the kitchen only!).  It really is so nice and I feel rather envious.  Maybe I should buy one for myself?



The Reading Residence

4 comments:

  1. Oh yes, get one for yourself! That looks fab, I bet you've a very happy girl there now?! Thanks so much for joining in with #WotW x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe me I'm tempted! She is very happy and took it out in the brief sunshine earlier. Thanks for hosting such a fab linky :)

      Delete
  2. Awh- hope she enjoys the new scooter! My little one is obsessed by scooters- he's nearly 2 and desperate to get his mitts on one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, you should definitely get one - so much more fun than a pushchair! I've a post in the archives on our Mini Micros - my twins think they are great!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...