Tuesday, 4 February 2014

Feeling Brave

Today I have done something completely out of the ordinary for me.  If you cast your eyes to the sidebar on the right you will notice my new badge for Blog On which is being hosted at MOSI in Manchester on 4th May.

Ever since I spotted it on another blog (can't quite remember whose, I read so many these days!) I've been checking out their website and wondering if I should buy a ticket.  My dh wasn't keen initially, not really understanding my need to go and meet other bloggers and learn about the blogging world a little bit more, but after my mother said I should go, and following my exasperation that tickets might not be available for much longer he told me this morning to go and by myself a ticket before they sold out. He probably still doesn't understand it all though.

Feeling brave I bought my ticket.  The ticket email arrived in seconds and so now I'm going! I'm a bit nervous to be honest.  After a couple of my very favourite bloggers enquired as to if I had my ticket yet over on Twitter I felt that I should definitely go - after all there aren't many blogging opportunities like this for us Northerners.  This of course means that I'll be meeting people that I talk to a bit already on Twitter and also lots of new people too.

I'm definitely out of my comfort zone, but in a good way I think.  Also, I've heard there will be cake, and I like cake.  That kind of makes up for the nerves.


6 comments:

  1. How exciting! I've just booked to go to Tots100 BCUK in April, my first blog meet, and I'm really looking forward to it. Hope you love it and learn loads :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is isn't it! I missed the Tots100 one but I'm sure they held one in Manchester last year so will keep my eyes peeled! I'm hoping I learn lots too, my photography skills could do with some help!

      Delete
  2. Brilliant Philippa, look forward to meeting you! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you too! Will be lovely to put some faces to names!

      Delete
  3. Best of luck! I'm not brave enough for these events just yet too many people and too far from home! You'll have a great time and meet some amazing people (I have been fortunate to do that!) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I did think of not bothering several times but then I want to make a success of this blog and have some fun in the process! There are a few events popping up around the country so maybe you'll find one nearer to you soon. x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...