Friday, 24 January 2014

Too Busy to Blog

I've been a bit quiet on the blogging front this week.  Real life seems to have taken over for a change and I haven't had much time to sit down and blog about anything!  I thought then that an update would be in order especially to show the other Groovy Mums on how I'm getting on.  My dh is on the mend (stitches are out!) after last week and I have duly purchased a first aid kit in case of any further incidents and things are almost back to normal.  Unfortunately I have had to devote a bit of time to catching up on housework, which took a back seat when we were all so under the weather last week.  The upside to this is that I've re-discovered my House Series 8 box set and it has been acompanying me through the ironing today ;)

So,  after last week I set myself  few little challenges.  The first aid kit I've now got and I have surprised myself with actually knowing what to do with most of the contents.  I have downloaded a few first aid apps, British Red Cross Children's First Aid and St John's Ambulance First Aid.  So far I'm doing OK with them.  I know more than I thought.

First Aid in the house!

I've managed to download the High School calendar onto our computer but frustratingly the Primary School calendar was harder to deal with.  I've put in all the key dates for the time being.  My next task will be to try to keep on top of it all!

The other thing I've done this week is to try to make sure I do at least one school run on foot every day.  I'm all too used to jumping in the car which is fine but we live quite close to school and I do appreciate the fresh air and time to clear my head, weather permitting!

Another lovely thing that happened last week is that ds3's appointment at Alder Hey went very well.  I won't go into too many details because I think it may deserve a post all of its own but it made me realise that despite things not always going to plan, sometimes someone can throw you a crumb of hope that makes life seem not quite so bad.  I'm holding on to that as we go into next week.  

I've a big long list of things I keep meaning to write about, hopefully I'll make some time next week to get onto that!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...