Monday, 13 January 2014

Getting my Groove on

So, you may have read my recent post about last year and what I felt about it (if not it is here), and this lead me to start thinking about how I can make this year better.  At the moment my whole life really does revolve around everyone else in this family and while that is OK for the time being I've got to come to terms with the fact that this isn't always going to be the case.  My last two children go to school in September.  It seems an age away at the moment but I know that it really won't be long at all.  This means that come the end of the year I will have six whole glorious hours a day to just be me (when I'm not doing housework that is), so what shall I do?

Last year I flirted with the idea of going back to work.  I quite fancied properly contributing to the family finances again.  I even got an interview for a job which seemed perfect to me.  The trouble was that when we looked into the logistics of it properly, we soon realised that even taking into account some free childcare which would be provided by my mother, it still wasn't going to make me much money at all let alone enough to properly contribute.  Plus, the adjustment required by the children was asking far too much of them.

I started this blog on the back of that, as something to keep my mind active while still at home - not working for thirteen years has kind of turned my brain to mush you see.  Did you know that I have a degree?  I've almost forgotten that about myself.  When I was 18 I really really wanted more than anything to work as a journalist for the local newspaper.  I got an interview on graduating, but I wasn't selected.  I quite often still think that I could do that job now.  My blog is a bit of an extension of this in that having read and enjoyed other blogs I thought I'd like to try my hand at blogging too.  I suppose the main difference is that with no employer it really is just all down to me.  When I think back to life before kids I used to be much better at promoting myself, at doing things for me, in short I used to be groovy.

This is why I've decided to link up with Kate on Thin Ice and Groovy Mums.  You can read all about it here.  I want to be braver with my writing, I want to feel more confident and I need support to do that.  I hope that by this time next year I might have something to celebrate and I might also have my groove back.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...