Saturday, 5 October 2013

Center Parcs Family Bloggers Club

We've had a few ups and downs over the last five years or so.  Two redundancies, two new jobs, and two new babies to be exact.  As a result of this one of the things that we've decided to cut from our budget is holidays.  For a number of reasons this doesn't bother me too much but recently I've thought how nice it would be to get away with the family, especially now that they are all past the baby stage and we can, theoretically at least, pack a bit lighter.  When I saw that Center Parcs had teamed up with Tots100 to allow 12 lucky blogging families a chance to review a holiday each at one of four Center Parcs sites across the UK, I immediately thought "I'd like to have a go at that".

When our first three children were little the bulk of our holidaying was done at Center Parcs (Whinfell Forest).  Our first holiday as a family was there.  Not wanting to go to far afield with a young baby who had recently undergone heart surgery, the lake district was the perfect venue for our first trip away, not too far from home but still away from it all.  Happy, happy memories.

When I started looking through all our photos and video clips for our entry into this competition, I sadly couldn't find any pictures of our first family holiday (I think we were pre digital age then!) but I've found quite a lot of others, including ds2's first holiday there.  It has brought so many memories back for me and I've had tremendous fun making it.  We don't have any proper video equipment and so it is more of a montage of stills, but I'd never used any video editing software before so that's another first for me, along with all the ones mentioned in our entry of course.

I've chosen to visit Sherwood Forest if we do win, mainly because it would be lovely to experience something new for the older children.  I would love for my twins to experience the Center parcs magic for the first time too.  When we've visited in the past I've always been pleased to find a good range of activities for the whole family.  My personal favourite was the weekend we "broke the children" - they couldn't move for about a day after we bombarded them with swimming, walks and horse riding, which was good because it allowed me to have a fantastic treatment at Aqua Sana while they were recovering!  In fact you can see the evidence of this in the shiny faced photo of me with ds1 - I'd just had a facial, but I was very relaxed!

So, here is our entry, fingers crossed that we get to be part of the Center Parcs Family Bloggers Club!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...