Tuesday, 27 August 2013

Well, I suppose this is hello...

Up until a few months ago I had never even considered all this blogging stuff, after all, I really am a very busy woman.  I have five offspring to organise and a long suffering husband (or so my mother says) to cook, clean and iron for.  Recently, two things have happened.  One, I hit a milestone, in my eyes at least - my 39th birthday.  I am in my fortieth year and suddenly being in my thirties seems more important than ever.  I should have done so much more than raising children and mopping floors, yet the reality is that this is probably as good as it gets.  Its not that I'm unhappy with my lot, oh no, but more that it feels like a bit of an anti-climax to the many years of studying and plans that my husband and I both made as twenty-somethings.  The second thing that happened?  Well, since starting this post I have lost my train of thought completely, so not only sounding like my mother now but being as forgetful as her too.  I'm sure it was important, if I remember I'll come back to it.

So, what on earth am I going to blog about then?  I'm not sure I can pin it down to one or two particular things.  I suppose this will be a blog mainly about our family and the things we all get up to.  I will shortly have two children at secondary school.  Ds1 has been there a year already and is being joined this year by dd1, much to his complete disgust.  There will more than likely be some blogging opportunities right there as the move to secondary school is rarely a smooth one in my experience.  I also have ds2, aged 8, who would give Evel Knievel a run for his money at the best of times.  We've already had an emergency dentist trip this summer holiday and he constantly leaves me with nerves in tatters and reaching for the gin by the end of the day.  Speaking of reaching for the gin, did I mention that we also have three year old girl/boy twins?  They are both brilliant and terrifying at the same time.  Just when I thought I had this parenting thing licked they came along to destroy all that was normal about our family.  Would I be without them though?  Well, of course not.  They are starting pre-school daily this September and I really will miss them and the things we get up to, although I hope we'll still have time for some of it.

I'm hoping that if I can make just a handful of people smile and nod along as they read my posts then that will be great.  I'm sure this blog will also serve as a complete embarrassment for the teen and the pre-teen under our roof in years to come.  If you want to stick around and read about our triumphs and disasters then do, if not then I guess you will click on to the next blog...

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I hope you enjoy blogging as much as I do! I've become quite addicted since I started at the beginning of the holidays. I too have 5 children - mine are all under 8, one still a 'babe in arms' but no twins! (If you're interested, I blog at theroadoutside.blogspot.co.uk). One of the things I've found remarkable about blogging is the friends I've started to make. If you want to connect with other blogger try linking with one of the 'linkies' you'll see mentioned. Have fun. Nicola

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your blog is really great Nicola! Linkies still confuse me - more reading required I think. I'm finding blogging quite addictive too - both reading others and thinking of ideas for mine. Thanks for reading and for leaving a comment!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...